Friday, January 1, 2010

Pet Peeves and a New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! So I'm going to start my post off with my normal cheery self. Pet peeves....I have tons of pet peeves but one in particular has been bugging me over the past 2 months. Iphones and Blackberries....I have no problem with the devices themselves, the problem lies more with the user. I know I'll get a little bit of crap on this because a lot of my friends do this. I hate hate hate when people are constantly on their phones checking e-mails, texting, facebooking, and just web surfing in general. There are times and places for that! Some of the times I consider justified are: when your husband is deployed, when you have to look something up really quickly (i.e. movie times), when you're sitting by yourself and have nothing better to do. Times I consider it absolutely rude and want to rip it out of your hands? ....while you're driving, while you're eating a meal with someone, when you're actually talking to someone! What is so important that you have to check your facebook while I'm having a conversation with you? So I'm just going to go ahead and let y'all know....if I am texting while I am having a conversation with you, that means that I am no longer interested in the conversation and you should just walk away. Therefore, don't be offended if I do the same to you! There are times when it's an "emergency" or something that requires your attention immediately and I understand that but sometimes I just want to stomp on your phone and say "really?"



Anyways...enough of that. So my New Year's celebration was very quiet. We had some friends come for a visit but my plans didn't quite pan out. We ended up sitting in front of the tv and watching the ball drop with some cheap champagne. I've never been one for New Year's resolutions. I've kind of felt like if you want to do something, you're going to do it and if you don't want to...it probably won't get done. But then I read in a magazine that with all this blogging, if you blog about it, you're more likely to stick to it because now everyone else knows what you're trying to accomplish...and maybe you'll get some encouragement along the way as well. So my goals this year are: 1. To read the Bible from cover to cover. Many attempts have been made in the past and all have failed. 2. Be able to run a 5K in less than 30 mins without stopping. Seems simple...not for me! 3. Complete P90X. I'll be starting on Sunday. 4. Establish a budget I can actually stick to. 5. Organize all my boxes of photos. Kind of extensive list for the year but I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment