Wednesday, June 2, 2010

it's like the first time

Deployment that is. I remember the first deployment. Back when we were all so innocent, not knowing what to expect, and trying to find our way in the army world. But I had a great group of friends that helped me with each step of the way. God blessed me with another great group of friends for the second one. Now I just feel lost.

He leaves soon...too soon. We're still living in a hotel. Our stuff isn't here. All the people I knew that were going to experience this next deployment with me have been diverted. I have no FRG, no coffee. None of the people hubby works with are married. My neighborhood is made up of locals that don't understand the military life. I can't find a church that has people my age.

I feel like everything is crashing in on me and I can't breathe. I don't even understand the stupid structure of the unit we're with.

For now, I just have to enjoy the time we have...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cynthia. We'll be praying that God will provide you with friends, a community, and support! Seriously, who wouldn't want to hang out with you anyhow?! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cynthia, so feeling for you right now and wishing that just maybe we had joined you... and we'd been in it together again! Hugs and kisses from Sierra and I both!

    ReplyDelete