Monday, June 21, 2010

And it begins...again...

It's been a tough couple of days. I've had a really negative attitude since we got here and no matter how hard I try, I just can't turn it around. Now I'm just starting to get angry.

My day started with me getting lost on the way to the eye doctor. Then the eye doctor tells me that she has concerns about the amount of pressure in my eyes. Glaucoma runs on my mom's side of the family and I've actually had the pressure in my eye monitored since I was 16. Then she took some photos of the nerves behind my eyeballs and they are inflamed. So on top of my horrible vision that can almost no longer be corrected by contacts but also disqualifies me for lasik or prk, we're gonna add a glaucoma watch. It's not bad enough to need treatment yet but I have to go back in for a follow up to make sure it's not getting worse. Even with contacts and glasses the best my vision can be is 20/30.

I tried to run some errands afterwards but realized I couldn't drive with my eyes dilated. That made for a scary 20 minute drive home. I get home and notice there's dog poop on my front lawn...again. Everyday that we've been here I've had to pick up my dogs' poop in the backyard and someone else's dog's poop in the front. Our neighbor across the street always lets his little dog roam around my lawn with no leash. I've never seen him poop on our lawn but he certainly pees on every part of it he can. I'm pretty non-confrontational. I don't like to cause trouble. I don't like to make a big fuss but today was the wrong day to mess with me. So I look out the door and look who's on my lawn again. The old guy was sitting by his garage watching so I marched myself over there and asked him if he could clean up after his dog. He wasn't very friendly but he wasn't mean about it. He simply told me his dog never poops on my lawn and if he were to, he would pick it up. He said it's been a problem in the neighborhood. Someone on the street is letting their dogs out at night and in the morning there is poop everywhere including his lawn. I don't know if I believe him or not but at least I got it off my chest. Problem not solved...

I have also realized over the course of 2 weeks that we've been living here that we live on the hottest/driest part of the island. I break out in a sweat every day even if I do absolutely nothing. I have to water the lawn every day or it will die. The dogs are not allowed (even on leash) in any of the parks near us. And best of all...no one lives near me! I live where all the locals live. The locals who hate the military.

Does anyone know how much energy it takes to be this negative all the time? The plus side? I spend so much time and energy being bitter that I have no problems sleeping. How am I going to get through this year? And what kind of person will I be when it's all over?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Cynthia! I'm so sorry......I will be praying for you and so wish that we could both be here in Texas, going through this deployment together! I hope things get better soon, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry Cynthia! I hope you meet some nice people and get plugged in while he's gone!

    ReplyDelete