Thursday, May 6, 2010

Things are looking good!

We sign for the house I described in my last post tomorrow! I'm still iffy about the size of the bedrooms. In reality, our bathroom in Texas was bigger than our master bedroom here. But I've decided if I only live on the lower level everything will be fine. So if you don't get claustrophobic easily, come on over to the islands for a vacation! We're only 5 minutes from a nice beach where beginners learn to surf and right down the street from that beach is a beach we can take the dogs to.

My car has arrived to the island 15 days ahead of schedule. Initially it was going to take 30 days because we just missed the cut off for the sail date prior. Somehow our car arrived to the port within hours of the ship leaving so it got put on the earlier ship and was supposed to be ready for pick up late next week. But they called today and told me I can get it tomorrow. The only problem with that is I have no ride to the port so I'll have to wait until next week anyways.

Now if only our HHG could arrive in the 3-4 week window everyone else has lucked out with. It's supposed to take 60 days but everyone I talked to said it's taken less than a month because it's not prime PCS time yet. It would be awesome if we could get our HHG right after we move in, especially since we couldn't fit our air mattress in our luggage. We get to stay in a hotel until our HHG reach our house but I'd hate to be paying for a hotel and rent at the same time. If it all works out the way I plan (which let's admit, it never works out the way you plan it), we'll only have stayed in a hotel for a month. We're ready to move out. The cramped quarters are forcing all 4 of us to snap at each other.

We're also going to try out a new church on Sunday. It'll be 10 mins from our new neighborhood. I know someone who goes to services there now and loves it. She's trying the Bible study tonight. Since I don't have a car yet, I'll have to wait until next week for that.

I can't wait to actually start living here! I went out to lunch with a friend yesterday and as we were cruising around the island in her convertible, I breathed in the ocean air and thought...I live here! Now to get my Costco membership!

No comments:

Post a Comment