Saturday, April 7, 2012

Running out of space....

Everywhere! In my body AND in my house. Why do babies take up so much space? I've been slowly emptying out the office to make it into the nursery. And by slowly I mean I started months ago and I'm about half way done. Every time I take out a box of office supplies, I replace it with a box of baby supplies. Luckily we don't have any nursery furniture to fit in there yet but I realized I'm probably going to have to get it sooner than I had originally anticipated. My brother and my friend Danna have started sending me their little ones' clothes that they've outgrown and there's just no where to put them all. Right now I have them in cardboard boxes, labelled and ready to pull out when the baby will fit in them.

Another item that's taking over the room...diapers. I went crazy during a Babies R Us diaper sales and stocked up on every size and every brand. I'm just hoping the baby doesn't skip sizes or I'm gonna have a lot of extra diapers laying around. Might even have to start a diaper cake business. But now I don't even look at diapers when I go out. Almost makes me consider cloth diapers except for the fact that I deal with poop all day long from the dogs, I don't want to deal with the baby's poop more than the time I take the diaper off of them and throw it in the trash.

The house is slowly coming together, a little slower than the nursery. We're having a post wide garage sale next week and I've never been this excited to get rid of stuff. I'm getting rid of a ton of stuff that I've fought Shiggy to keep over the years but realized that I really don't need and don't have the space for it anymore. So bye bye spare sewing machine, George Foreman grill, food dehydrator, rotisserie, Total Gym, extra TVs and 5 Brita water filters. I can't wait to have space in the storage closet for the office supplies and hopefully my sewing supplies so they aren't just chilling in the kitchen.

I'm also going to restart this blog with my other account. There's very few people that know about and read this blog and I've done that on purpose so that I can say whatever I want without offending people and hurting feelings. Really it was a place for me to vent without repercussions. But soon the focus of my blog will be changing and I know a ton of family members would like to be updated about the baby and the goings on of our new little family. Even without the baby I'm a horrible poster so we'll see how it goes once the baby gets here. Don't worry, I'll let all 3 of you readers know when I finally set up the new page!

6 more weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment