Monday, February 27, 2012

Less than 90 days!

I don't remember what I was doing or where it popped up but I was looking at something the other day and there was a little counter that told me I had less than 90 days before this baby is born. That's crazy. In some ways, he can't come soon enough. But in other ways, I'm just not ready.

Shiggy and I were talking before we went to bed tonight. I told him I thought we were all set for the baby. I had my baby shower this weekend. It was way early but one of my co-hosts was going home for the month before her husband gets back and then there's army balls and block leave after that. It just worked out best this way. Well I ended up with a lot of blankets and towels. Not sure what I'm going to do with all of them as I only registered for a pack of 4 swaddling blankets and 4 receiving blankets. Instead I have about 20 with no gift receipt and no idea where they came from. Heck, someone even gave me a used blanket with yellow stains all over it. But it was fun and I got a couple of "you didn't register for this but believe me you'll want it" gifts from moms. And I got a diaper cake. I've always wanted one. It even had a bottle of Moscato discreetly tucked in the middle. My friends are funny.

So back to our conversation. I told him all we needed was a bassinet and we'd be set. He did not agree with me. Then he started listing all the things we haven't bought yet that we might want before the baby gets here like a diaper bag, bottles, a breast pump, etc. He might have a point. I was thinking car seat, stroller, diapers, wipes, blankets and towels was good enough. Man, babies need a lot of stuff. I'm not planning on setting up the nursery or even buying baby furniture until after the baby gets here. We're not sure whether or not we'll be moving in the next few months so it just doesn't make sense to me to add furniture to the mix. Plus I just really don't want to clean out the junk room... But my in-laws will be in here in July so furniture or not, it must be done...

Of course, Shiggy bringing this up gets my mind all wound up and the baby started kicking and it's 12:30AM and I can't sleep because I can't shut my mind off or stop the baby from tap dancing. I think this has been the worst part of pregnancy for me...trouble sleeping. I can't complain because out of all the issues I could be having, this is pretty trivial.

I have the maternity and newborn pictures booked. Now I just have to schedule the birthing classes, lactation consultant and tour of L&D. Oh yea, I also have to do our taxes. Oh well, ready or not this baby will be here in less than 90 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment