Thursday, March 18, 2010

bumps along the road...

I'm really excited that I get to put my 30 day notice in for housing. That means we're almost there! But then I realized I did not get a general POA. I have about 6 special ones but we failed to get the general one. What does that mean? I can't put in notice without my husband. The bad news came yesterday when I was told that by the time my husband gets home we will only have 15 days before we leave housing. With that being insufficient notice, I would have to pay the extra 15 days we won't be here. So I put on my sad face, which was not difficult with the day I've been having, walked into the office, and told them I had no idea what to do about putting in notice. The lady walked me through step by step until we got to the part where she asked for my POA. Then she put her sad face on and told me she couldn't help me. When I explained that he was in Ranger School, she told me in that case, the 30 days notice was waived! Yay! So now he just has to go in and sign the paperwork! She even let me request the days and everything.

Then I had to go home and deal with the rest of the stuff. I decided to re-pierce my ears last night. I've had my ears pierced since I was 4 but I lose earrings like it's my job. So growing up I was never allowed to wear earings unless it was a special occasion...and even then I would lose one. This made it so I've never felt the need to wear earrings and my ears will actually bleed if I wear them for more than a few hours. About once a year I put an earring in just to make sure the hole stays open. In June, I was in a wedding and brought my earrings only to find that the hole in one ear had closed up. I tried to force it through but it simply wouldn't go. Oh well, no big loss. Last night I decide I must reopen that hole! So I try to stick an earring through and it doesn't work. I push it a little harder and nothing happens. I'm determined to reopen the hole so I spend an hour pushing and prodding and spinning until the post finally gets through. I thought about using a needle but I didn't want to go through trying to get the earring back through after I pulled the needle out. An hour of torturing myself just sounded like the better plan. Now I have earrings on, but my ear is also throbbing. It could be that it's infected but this is also what it normally feels like when I have earrings on. I'm gonna give it another day. I can just see my medical file, 30 year old woman tried to pierce her own ear...unsuccessful idiot gave herself an infection.

Yesterday morning while I was feeding the dogs, I noticed there were pieces in their food that didn't belong. Their food is brown, these pieces were red and not even the same shape. So I thought it was probably like when you get a stray onion ring in your french fries...bonus! I threw the few pieces out and didn't think twice. Well this morning, I notice there's even more mixed in. Most people know how paranoid I am about my dogs' food. I've switched them about 4 times since the dog food recalls and every time it gets a little more expensive. So I was pretty upset that I'm finding random bits of kibble in their bowls. I called the company to ask them if they even make a dog food that's red in color. I had to leave a message. Yes, I'm still the crazy dog lady. Now I'm trying to decide if I should switch their food again.

While I was dealing with the food, I noticed a big puddle on the floor next to the fridge. Score! My refrigerator defrosted itself! The stuff in the fridge was still relatively cold and the stuff in the freezer had just started to defrost. So I put a work order in. They came by within half an hour and told me I needed a new fridge. This was when I almost did a happy dance since we live on post and it doesn't come out of our pockets. But I had to empty out the fridge. Lucky for me, I had a few friends pcs and give me their food before they left. Not like my fridge wasn't already filled to the max. So I hauled our 2 large coolers out and started emptying. Pulled out the last few condiments as they pulled up with my NEW fridge. Well, not really new. So it had some blood stains and something watery left over from the last tenant, no biggie. The plus was that it had already been running over night so it was cold. I couldn't do a scrub down like I wanted, but I was able to rid the fridge of the really nasty stuff.

That's how my day started. I'm supposed to make Irish soda bread for a get together tonight but I'm hoping they still have some left at the store because it just ain't happening!

1 comment:

  1. hehe, thanks for making me giggle on this horrible, sicky-amy day!

    ReplyDelete