Thursday, September 3, 2009

This weekend...

It's a long weekend! It's weird because every day is the same for me. Weekends don't really mean anything to me anymore. Usually we're stuck at home with the hubby doing homework and I'm doing whatever I normally do. But last weekend we ventured out to Atlanta. We saw Alton Brown at a live Good Eats show and had a great dinner at a Chinese restaurant. One that actually serves more authentic food. Sure the menu was in Chinese and we were chancing it when my husband randomly pointed at something and said "I have no idea what that is but we'll take it." It turned out to be a delightful 5 course meal with soup, chicken, fish, vegetables, and dessert.

This weekend we're going to bring the dogs to a special Atlanta Braves game. It's "Bark in the Park" an annual fundraiser for shelters. We're staying at a dog friendly hotel where we'll be within 2 miles of a dog park. We might check out a hot air balloon festival on Saturday. I'd love to ride in one but I don't know how the tickets work for that.

On Tuesday, the hubby officially turns old...I mean 30. His parents sent us a wonderful package with some of his favorite foods to make sushi with. Yup, they next day mailed fish to us. So there's a lot going on in the next few days but first tomorrow will be decontamination day. Having 4 dogs in the house for a week kinda makes the house smell like a kennel. Time to get rid of that and any leftover traces of poo...

No comments:

Post a Comment