Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'm getting old...

All my muscles hurt! In particular, my legs but my arms aren't feelin' too great either. I skipped out on the gym for a week...the longest time I've not worked out since I got back "home." So on Friday, I decided to do 3 fitness classes. First off, I ate breakfast right before I left for the gym. Less than an hour later, that breakfast and I re-visited each other. It was bad...I was nauseated for the whole class and eventually my stomach decided it was not going to take the abuse any longer! I felt better after my bathroom break so I continued on with the other classes. I tried to throw a 2 mile run into the mix but I knew my limitations.

On Saturday I decided to add some more aches and pains to my already sore muscles with a 7-8 mile bike ride. It was supposed to be an easy bike ride since it was on a paved trail through the woods but I'm too chicken to go down hills so I road the brakes all the way down. I'm also afraid of curves so I had to almost come to a stop to round bends. Then I'm not fit enough to make it back up the hills. Unfortunately my mountain bike will never meet a mountain side.

I can't believe my other half turned 30 this week. I knew it was coming up since a certain friend of mine has already hit 30 this year...but it just brings it that much closer to me. It's just a number, not a big deal...but for some reason in my head it kind of is.

I made a new friend last week. We met at a wives get together thing. We both seem to be talkers so this should be interesting. We're going to get together this week so wish me luck. I've had people ask me how people could not like me...I don't know... maybe you should ask the thousands of woman on this post that don't! Sometimes I feel like maybe I should tone myself down a little bit. Maybe seem a little less eager to make friends. But then I figure, eventually they'll have to meet the real me and if they can't handle it...I'd rather know now.

1 comment: