Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Final Ultimatum

It seems my laziness and lack of motivation has been spiraling out of control. I can't seem to get the little things done let alone the big things that are really taking it's toll on us. So I was offered a final ultimatum. Shape up or I'm canceling the cable and internet!

My immediate response was to defend myself. When I found that I didn't have a leg to stand on, I decided to go with the silent treatment. Five minutes later I had to admit, he might be right. Ok, this might be the kick in the pants I've been needing. Sad, that we have to start with that as my motivation instead of the fact that if I actually did "my job" there would be a lot less stress for us.

So I told him to give me until the week after Thanksgiving. This week I am hosting 12 people at our house for Thanksgiving and no matter how motivated I am, there is no way I can prep for that and get to my huge "to do" list.

Along with canceling the cable and internet, he also wants to get rid of the XBox because he feels like he would also benefit from less idle time. That makes me feel really bad because he works at least 14 hours a day and goes in on most weekends so he definitely deserves that hour a day to just relax.

So now I just have to get through this week and organize a plan of attack for next week. This is definitely a good thing because I don't think I have any inward motivation. Time to turn things around!

No comments:

Post a Comment