Monday, September 27, 2010

The ups and downs...

It's been a while. A lot has happened since I last posted. I had a wonderful time on my family trip. Spending 24/7 with my family members was exhausting but definitely worth it. Sharing a room with a 6 and 7 year old was also an interesting experience. Little sleep was had on this trip but memories to last a lifetime were formed. As soon as I can find the adapter to upload my pictures, I'll get on that. I have a new bond with my nieces that we've kept going with the help of Skype.

Then it was back to reality. As much as I enjoyed sleeping in my own bed without monkeys jumping on me, it was really lonely to be home. We had 2 casualties while I was on my trip. It was hard to come back to that as well. So the weeks afterwards I was determine to keep myself busy.

I've applied to get my pharmacist license here. I'm still waiting for a date to take the test. I joined the Spouse's Club and many of the clubs within it. I went swimming with the dolphins, eagle rays, and about a million fish. Went on an awesome hike and finally stood up on a surfboard by myself.

The hubby took command and I was moved into a new battalion. The transition didn't go as I had hoped, but we'll see how it ends up. I care too much about what people think but no matter how hard I try not to...it just happens. Like a little kid, my feelings always get hurt. As soon as I joined the battalion we had 9 more casualties, 2 KIA and 7 wounded. Of course they were the first ones right after a certain speech was given so the notification process was hampered. It was just an awful situation. The memorials are this week.

I was offered a job and within days the offer was taken back. I just took a blood test to see if maybe there's a simple solution to our problem with starting a family. Still waiting on the results. I just feel like as soon as something good happens, something bad immediately follows. I just don't know what to do with myself these days. The good news of the week...we're a quarter of the way through this deployment...

2 comments:

  1. Yay for being a quarter of the way done-we are too! I'm so sorry to hear of the casualties-what's new to the notification process these days?! I will be praying for your dreams of starting a family become reality for you and Shiggy and that the Lord has the most perfect job for YOU! I know you are enjoying God's beautiful creation in Hawaii-I hope to visit someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! There's nothing new in the notification process. It's just that ours were the first casualties after the speech was given so the media was all over it. They reported it on TV before the families could all be notified. It was a disaster.

    ReplyDelete