Saturday, April 17, 2010

Time is a flying!

This week has gone by soo quickly. With trying to meet up with people one last time and getting everything done, we've been exhausted. I can't believe we're almost done with this short phase of our lives. Our bags are packed but unfortunately we've had to unpack and repack them since we're still living out of them. The house is halfway clean thanks to my wonderful husband. He swept and mopped almost all the floors as I was packing and organizing. Today will be the bathrooms and kitchen and then we're done. We've been sleeping on an air mattress for 4 nights so far and I am ready to get to a hotel room. I know Tim is because we only have 1 blanket and I hog it every night.


It's sad that I've just only started to meet my neighbors as we're leaving but they have been wonderful! We've borrowed all kinds of things from them and it's just nice to take a short break from the craziness and stand there and chit chat. I've had to watch a child for a few minutes here and there, but nothing I'm not already used to. I even got to go out for a little girl time with one of my neighbors. She just had her third child a few months back so girl time is hard to come by for her.


The dogs are going crazy. They can't figure out why we no longer sleep in the bedroom and have closed off that side of the house completely. They're getting used to sleeping in their crates every night. I think if we had carpet they would just sleep on that but the linoleum/tile stuff is not working for them. The fence has been taken down so they can only go out one at a time and there's no play time in the backyard anymore. Thank goodness the dog park is still available to them.

Last night my friends threw me a little goodbye party. It wasn't much of a "party" because 3 people couldn't make it so it was just the 4 of us but we had a blast! We actually stayed up until 2AM just talking. Unfortunate for Tim, since he had to come pick me up at 2:30AM. He was invited, he just had plans with some of his friends. Most of these girls I've only known for a short period of time but I'm really going to miss them. I wish we had met earlier on in my time here but I know the more time we spend together, the harder it would be to leave.

Tomorrow we move out of our house and head to Atlanta. I can't believe it's really happening! I've decided to really make an effort to post pictures when I start blogging again. Not sure it's going to happen in the first few months since I'm pretty sure I packed the camera cords but I'm going to try. As I was reading through some blogs yesterday I just realized how much more enjoyable pictures make it. I'm also going to change the web address because this blog really isn't about us. It's all about me. Don't worry, I'll give y'all a heads up when I decide to do that.

Bye Bye South! You've treated me well for the past 4 years. I hope they have sweet tea in Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment